Friday, April 4, 2025

Camila Cabello ‘crushed’ by comparisons to Charli XCX

Camila Cabello felt "crushed" when she was accused of emulating Charli XCX's style. The pop star went through a...

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Taking Back Sunday’s Mark O’Connell quits band due to ‘creative differences’

Taking Back Sunday’s Mark O’Connell has quit the band due to “creative differences”.

The sticksman had been behind the drum kit for the post-hardcore band since Steven DeJoseph’s departure in 2000.

In a lengthy social media statement published on Tuesday (07.01.25), the musician explained that he did not “always feel the support” of his “brothers” in the band – now comprising Adam Lazzara, Shaun Cooper and John Nolan – amid his sobriety journey and he found it impossible to “move forward” with them.

He began: “After nearly 25 years as the drummer of Taking Back Sunday, I want to confirm that I am no longer with the band.

“It’s taken me some time to address this. Thank you for your patience as I’ve reflected on how to share my story.

“First, I want to thank the fans – your love and support have meant everything to me. You’ve been the heartbeat of TBS, and a huge part of my life for nearly a quarter of a century. I owe it all to you.”

He went on: “Over the past few years, I’ve focused on my family and personal growth, including committing to my sobriety.

“Unfortunately, during this time, I didn’t always feel the support I needed from those I thought of as brothers, and creative differences made it hard to move forward together.”

Mark is not quitting music and teased a new solo project and some collaborations with “some old friends” are in the pipeline.

He continued: “Speaking of, I’m excited to share that I’ll be releasing new music soon – both as a solo artist and with some old friends. I’ve poured my heart into this project, and I can’t wait to share it with you.”

Despite their differences, Mark insists he is “grateful” for the “incredible memories” he has had with his bandmates.

He said: “This is a new chapter for me – one of passion, creativity, and hope. I hope you’ll join me on this journey as we continue to be a part of each other’s stories.

“That said, I’m grateful for the incredible memories with each of my bandmates – and all of you, as well as all the opportunities along the way. I’m choosing to focus on the good as I move into this next chapter.”

He concluded: “Thank you again for everything. I’m proud of what we built together, and I’m even more excited about what lies ahead. With love and gratitude, Mark O’Connell.”

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Don't Miss

Zayn Malik cancels Mexico City concert due to severe food poisoning

Zayn Malik was forced to cancel his Mexico concert after coming down with severe food poisoning. Just hours before...

Five claim Simon Cowell hasn’t responded to message about reforming

Simon Cowell has yet to respond after Five reached out to him about reforming. Although the music mogul was...

Sir Elton John feared it was ‘inhumane’ to record album with Brandi Carlile amid global crisis

Sir Elton John feared it was “inhumane” to record an album with Brandi Carlile due to the current state of the world.

Dua Lipa wins copyright case over Levitating

Dua Lipa has won the copyright case over her song 'Levitating'. The 29-year-old singer had been accused by songwriters...

Sex Pistols + Frank Carter announce US tour

The Sex Pistols and Frank Carter have announced a North American tour. The 'God Save the Queen' rockers haven't...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.