Friday, April 4, 2025

Camila Cabello ‘crushed’ by comparisons to Charli XCX

Camila Cabello felt "crushed" when she was accused of emulating Charli XCX's style. The pop star went through a...

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Sir Tom Jones and Rag’n’Bone Man to help revive live music with small venue gigs

Sir Tom Jones and Rag’n’Bone Man are to play small independent venues to help revive the live music industry.

The 81-year-old music legend and the ‘Anywhere Away From Here’ hitmaker are among a host of major stars set to perform at intimate music halls across the UK.

‘Not Unusual’ hitmaker Tom will perform in front of just 800 lucky concert-goers at the Cambridge Junction, and the latter will play to just 250 music lovers at the Tunbridge Wells Forum in Kent, South East England.

Tom said: “Musicians can record in their bedrooms, but they can’t learn to perform in public without a place to play.”

The Music Venue Trust has teamed up with National Lottery on the scheme, which is dubbed ‘Revive Live’, and they have donated £1 million to help support up-and-coming musicians.

It will see more than 20 tours take place across the nation with 30,000 tickets up for grabs by National Lottery players.

Other confirmed acts include James Arthur, Frank Turner, Mahalia, and Sam Fender.

According to the Music Venues Trust, 83 per cent of venues were facing permanent closure due to the financial impact of having to shut their doors during the pandemic.

Tom’s involvement in the scheme comes after he recently admitted he feels for musicians just starting out who haven’t been able to play concerts.

The ‘Sex Bomb’ singer insisted nothing compares to the feeling of playing to a live audience and he admitted it must be so “stifling” for young aspiring artists who have had the opportunity to perform to a crowd taken from them during the global health crisis.

He said: “I actually feel sorry more for young people who are trying to start off and get some experience from doing live shows. It’s all very well being in your front room making videos and then getting straight on to television – like sometimes it happens on ‘The Voice’, where they’ve never been on stage before. So this COVID thing, it’s really stifling singers and bands who want to get out there and get some experience and get the feedback from the people. And they can’t get that at the moment.

“I know what that feels like. At least I know what I’m missing … but some of these kids don’t know yet. They haven’t had the opportunity to experience it.”

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Don't Miss

Zayn Malik cancels Mexico City concert due to severe food poisoning

Zayn Malik was forced to cancel his Mexico concert after coming down with severe food poisoning. Just hours before...

Five claim Simon Cowell hasn’t responded to message about reforming

Simon Cowell has yet to respond after Five reached out to him about reforming. Although the music mogul was...

Sir Elton John feared it was ‘inhumane’ to record album with Brandi Carlile amid global crisis

Sir Elton John feared it was “inhumane” to record an album with Brandi Carlile due to the current state of the world.

Dua Lipa wins copyright case over Levitating

Dua Lipa has won the copyright case over her song 'Levitating'. The 29-year-old singer had been accused by songwriters...

Sex Pistols + Frank Carter announce US tour

The Sex Pistols and Frank Carter have announced a North American tour. The 'God Save the Queen' rockers haven't...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.