Friday, April 4, 2025

Camila Cabello ‘crushed’ by comparisons to Charli XCX

Camila Cabello felt "crushed" when she was accused of emulating Charli XCX's style. The pop star went through a...

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Richard Ayoade to host The Crystal Maze

Richard Ayoade will replace Stephen Merchant as the host of ‘The Crystal Maze’.
The 42-year-old comedian hosted a one-off special of the classic ’90s game show in October for Channel 4’s celebrity special in aid of charity fundraiser ‘Stand Up to Cancer’, but as the broadcaster moves to make the revival of the show into a full series, it is 39-year-old Richard who will take the helm.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "Richard has been a huge hit on Channel 4 and has really clicked with younger viewers who love his off-beat sense of humour and quirky spark.
"Show chiefs were therefore delighted to sign Richard up as ‘The Crystal Maze’s new host.
"They believe his eccentric style and comedic charm will be the secret ingredient to giving the vintage game show a fresher look.
"Having worked with the likes of Rebel Wilson, Jonathan Ross, and Claudia Winkleman in the past, bosses are also hoping Richard can use his connections to get some great talent on the celeb specials."
And it isn’t the only hosting job for Channel 4 that the ‘Gadget Man’ star has his eye on either, as it was previously reported he was in talks to replace Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins on ‘The Great British Bake Off’, after the pair quit the show when it moved from it’s spot on BBC One.
A source said at the time: "Richard is a really popular choice at the minute, as many think he’s got a great character that would bring a great spark to the show.
"He’s got a wonderful off-beat sense of humour, which would really fit the change of channel – and would no doubt be a popular choice with viewers too.
"It’s still early days, but he is definitely up there and now the leading candidate."
Whilst no host for the new series of the popular baking show has been confirmed, ‘The Crystal Maze’ is expected to air new episodes with Richard later this year.

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Don't Miss

Zayn Malik cancels Mexico City concert due to severe food poisoning

Zayn Malik was forced to cancel his Mexico concert after coming down with severe food poisoning. Just hours before...

Five claim Simon Cowell hasn’t responded to message about reforming

Simon Cowell has yet to respond after Five reached out to him about reforming. Although the music mogul was...

Sir Elton John feared it was ‘inhumane’ to record album with Brandi Carlile amid global crisis

Sir Elton John feared it was “inhumane” to record an album with Brandi Carlile due to the current state of the world.

Dua Lipa wins copyright case over Levitating

Dua Lipa has won the copyright case over her song 'Levitating'. The 29-year-old singer had been accused by songwriters...

Sex Pistols + Frank Carter announce US tour

The Sex Pistols and Frank Carter have announced a North American tour. The 'God Save the Queen' rockers haven't...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.