Wednesday, April 2, 2025

Sir Elton John feared it was ‘inhumane’ to record album with Brandi Carlile amid global crisis

Sir Elton John feared it was “inhumane” to record an album with Brandi Carlile due to the current state of the world.

Latest Posts

Sharon Osbourne teases Black Sabbath hologram show after final gig

Sharon Osbourne is open to a Black Sabbath hologram show. The 'Paranoid' hard rock legends are reuniting for one...

Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes teases new music ‘in the studio’

Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes has been working in the studio. The 38-year-old rocker previously made it...

Sum 41 release emotional final ever music video

Sum 41 have released their last ever music video. The 'Fat Lip' pop punk legends - who recently wrapped...

Lil Nas X thinks Montero era would get him ‘killed’ in 2025

Lil Nas X thinks conservatives would "try to kill" him he he released 'Montero' now. The 25-year-old singer has...

Man accuses Kevin Spacey of making unwanted advances

A man claims he was left "traumatised" as a teenager when he woke up to find Kevin Spacey lying on him.
The unnamed person, identified as John, which isn’t his real name, explained he had met the ‘House of Cards’ star in 1984 at a summer theatre programme when he was 16, and after exchanging letters, he was invited to spend a weekend with the actor at his New York home the following year.
John told the BBC’s Victoria Derbyshire the "charming and brotherly" actor took him out for dinner, and introduced him to his famous friends but things turned "icy" when he rejected Spacey’s request to share his bed in favour of sleeping on the sofa, prompting the ‘American Beauty’ star to burst into tears.
He said: "It was an icy ‘goodnight’ with the lights off. I thought I was going to be kicked out in the morning.
"As we went to sleep, he was sobbing from his bed."
He said he felt it was an attention-seeking response in a bed to provoke a reaction, but he ignored it, and when he woke up, he found the ‘Usual Suspects’ star’s head on his stomach and his arms wrapped around him.
But John didn’t believe anything sexual had taken place.
He said: "He was in his underwear, I was fully clothed. I supposed it was some sort of New York theatre actor ‘Good morning’. "
The pair then enjoyed a second day in New York, but once back at the apartment, Spacey allegedly became affectionate again and said he felt "misunderstood", much to John’s horror.
He recalled: "I burst into tears because I couldn’t articulate any more what was happening to me. I was scared. To his credit, he backed off and we went to sleep…
"It seems he was grooming me. For me, I never let on that that’s what I was interested in. I never discussed it, nor did I want it.
"I was uncomfortable at best, traumatised at worst.
"He was either very stupid or predatory – or maybe a little of both."
John decided to speak out after actor Anthony Rapp came forward to accuse the Oscar-winning actor of making advances on him when he was just 14 years old and admitted he didn’t confide in his parents or authorities at the time because he thought Spacey’s behaviour might have been "permissable" and was concerned he himself had "given off a vibe" he was interested in the star.
Following the allegations against him, Netflix have suspended production on ‘House of Cards’ – after confirming earlier this week the upcoming sixth season will be the last – and the Old Vic, the London theatre where Spacey was previously artistic director, have set up a confidential complaints process.

Latest Posts

Sharon Osbourne teases Black Sabbath hologram show after final gig

Sharon Osbourne is open to a Black Sabbath hologram show. The 'Paranoid' hard rock legends are reuniting for one...

Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes teases new music ‘in the studio’

Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes has been working in the studio. The 38-year-old rocker previously made it...

Sum 41 release emotional final ever music video

Sum 41 have released their last ever music video. The 'Fat Lip' pop punk legends - who recently wrapped...

Lil Nas X thinks Montero era would get him ‘killed’ in 2025

Lil Nas X thinks conservatives would "try to kill" him he he released 'Montero' now. The 25-year-old singer has...

Don't Miss

Johnny Depp, Bruce Springsteen and more honour Patti Smith at Carnegie Hall

Johnny Depp made a surprise appearance at the 'People Have the Power: A Celebration of Patti Smith' tribute. Huge...

SZA and Chappell Roan eye collaboration

SZA and Chappell Roan both want to collaborate on music. After the 'Giver' singer chose the 'Saturn' hitmaker as...

Duffy making surprise return to music with Garage remix of Mercy

Duffy is set to make a surprise music comeback with a Garage remix of her biggest hit 'Mercy'. The...

ABBA Voyage setlist to change in honour of third anniversary

The 'ABBA Voyage' setlist is to change for the first time in the show's history. The legendary Swedish pop...

Sublime working with Travis Barker on first album in almost 30 years

Sublime are working with Travis Barker on their first album in almost 30 years. The iconic ska punk band...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.