Friday, April 4, 2025

Camila Cabello ‘crushed’ by comparisons to Charli XCX

Camila Cabello felt "crushed" when she was accused of emulating Charli XCX's style. The pop star went through a...

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Ian McKellen reveals why he rejected Dumbledore role

Sir Ian McKellen rejected the role of Professor Dumbledore in the ‘Harry Potter’ movies because Richard Harris didn’t respect him as an actor.
The 77-year-old star was offered the chance to replace Harris as the headmaster of the wizarding school Hogwarts following his death in 2002 – but Sir Ian declined the invitation because his would-be predecessor didn’t rate him as an actor, having previously described him as "technically brilliant, but passionless".
He explained: "When he died – he played Dumbledore, the wizard – I played the real wizard [Gandalf in the ‘Lord Of The Rings’ trilogy] of course – but when they called me up and said would I be interested in being in the ‘Harry Potter’ films, they didn’t say what part.
"I worked out what they were thinking and I couldn’t. I couldn’t take over the part from an actor who I’d known hadn’t approved of me."
Harris starred in the first two ‘Harry Potter’ films and was replaced by Michael Gambon for the rest of the series.
Asked if he could have played Dumbledore, Sir Ian told ‘HARDtalk’: "Well, sometimes when I see posters of Michael Gambon, the actor who gloriously plays Dumbledore, I think it’s me. You know, we get asked for each other’s autographs!"
Meanwhile, Sir Ian has called on other gay actors to follow his example and make their sexuality known publicly.
The award-winning star – who first revealed he was gay in 1988 – claimed actors could set an example to those young people who are confused about their sexuality, and ultimately, help them to live a happier life.
He said: "Practically every person I know who has declared their sexuality, life becomes better in every possible way once you are honest."

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Don't Miss

Zayn Malik cancels Mexico City concert due to severe food poisoning

Zayn Malik was forced to cancel his Mexico concert after coming down with severe food poisoning. Just hours before...

Five claim Simon Cowell hasn’t responded to message about reforming

Simon Cowell has yet to respond after Five reached out to him about reforming. Although the music mogul was...

Sir Elton John feared it was ‘inhumane’ to record album with Brandi Carlile amid global crisis

Sir Elton John feared it was “inhumane” to record an album with Brandi Carlile due to the current state of the world.

Dua Lipa wins copyright case over Levitating

Dua Lipa has won the copyright case over her song 'Levitating'. The 29-year-old singer had been accused by songwriters...

Sex Pistols + Frank Carter announce US tour

The Sex Pistols and Frank Carter have announced a North American tour. The 'God Save the Queen' rockers haven't...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.