Thursday, April 3, 2025

Sir Elton John feared it was ‘inhumane’ to record album with Brandi Carlile amid global crisis

Sir Elton John feared it was “inhumane” to record an album with Brandi Carlile due to the current state of the world.

Latest Posts

Sharon Osbourne teases Black Sabbath hologram show after final gig

Sharon Osbourne is open to a Black Sabbath hologram show. The 'Paranoid' hard rock legends are reuniting for one...

Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes teases new music ‘in the studio’

Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes has been working in the studio. The 38-year-old rocker previously made it...

Sum 41 release emotional final ever music video

Sum 41 have released their last ever music video. The 'Fat Lip' pop punk legends - who recently wrapped...

Lil Nas X thinks Montero era would get him ‘killed’ in 2025

Lil Nas X thinks conservatives would "try to kill" him he he released 'Montero' now. The 25-year-old singer has...

Gino D’Acampo to host new Family Fortunes

Gino D’Acampo is to front a new series of ‘Family Fortunes’.

The 43-year-old chef will host a revamped version of the iconic game show – which pits two families against each other as they try to guess the most popular answers given in surveys of everyday questions – in a primetime slot for ITV later this year.

A source told The Sun newspaper’s Bizarre TV column: "’Family Fortunes’ is one of TV’s most-loved formats and ITV have been looking at when it might be right to bring it back.

"After a successful pilot earlier this year, they’re putting it back on primetime where it belongs.

"Gino is all but signed and they think he will bring his own unique brand of enthusiasm and charisma to the show."

The late Bob Monkhouse was the original host of the show – which is based on US game show ‘Family Feud’ – from 1980 to 1983, before singer Max Bygraves took over from 1983 to 1985. The show took a break in 1986, before returning with Les Dennis at the helm for 15 years.

In 2002, it was dropped from its peak time slot and aired during the day with Andy Collins but after just a few months, the programme – which had also lost its studio audience – was axed.

ITV revamped the show with Vernon Kay at the helm as ‘All Star Family Fortunes’, in which celebrities and their families took part to win money for charity, but the spin-off was shelved in 2015 after 11 series.

It was revealed last month that the latest series of Gino, Gordon Ramsay and Fred Siriex’s ‘Gordon, Gino & Fred: Road Trip’ has been postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic and they are now unlikely to head to Asia to film the show until next year.

A source said: "The plan was for them to travel around and film in as many Asian countries as they could fit in over a three-week period.

"It was going to be their most adventurous trip to date — in terms of the countries they visited as well as the food they would have experienced and the culture.

"But now it seems Asia is going to be firmly off the cards for some time and it’s unlikely any filming will be able to take place until well into 2021.

"Obviously, it’s gutting for them all as they love working together, and going away on their work trips has become a highlight for Gordon, Gino and Fred.

"They want to make sure the next series is just as outrageous, however, so even though their next adventure may be closer to home, they want it to be the best yet."

Latest Posts

Sharon Osbourne teases Black Sabbath hologram show after final gig

Sharon Osbourne is open to a Black Sabbath hologram show. The 'Paranoid' hard rock legends are reuniting for one...

Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes teases new music ‘in the studio’

Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes has been working in the studio. The 38-year-old rocker previously made it...

Sum 41 release emotional final ever music video

Sum 41 have released their last ever music video. The 'Fat Lip' pop punk legends - who recently wrapped...

Lil Nas X thinks Montero era would get him ‘killed’ in 2025

Lil Nas X thinks conservatives would "try to kill" him he he released 'Montero' now. The 25-year-old singer has...

Don't Miss

Johnny Depp, Bruce Springsteen and more honour Patti Smith at Carnegie Hall

Johnny Depp made a surprise appearance at the 'People Have the Power: A Celebration of Patti Smith' tribute. Huge...

SZA and Chappell Roan eye collaboration

SZA and Chappell Roan both want to collaborate on music. After the 'Giver' singer chose the 'Saturn' hitmaker as...

Duffy making surprise return to music with Garage remix of Mercy

Duffy is set to make a surprise music comeback with a Garage remix of her biggest hit 'Mercy'. The...

ABBA Voyage setlist to change in honour of third anniversary

The 'ABBA Voyage' setlist is to change for the first time in the show's history. The legendary Swedish pop...

Sublime working with Travis Barker on first album in almost 30 years

Sublime are working with Travis Barker on their first album in almost 30 years. The iconic ska punk band...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.