Friday, April 4, 2025

Camila Cabello ‘crushed’ by comparisons to Charli XCX

Camila Cabello felt "crushed" when she was accused of emulating Charli XCX's style. The pop star went through a...

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Frankie Goes To Eurovision? 80s legends ‘asked to reunite for song contest’

Frankie Goes To Hollywood could reunite for the first time in more than two decades for ‘Eurovision’.

The ‘Power of Love’ hitmakers hail from Liverpool, the host city of the 2023 song contest, and have been approached to play a one-off gig with lead singer Holly Johnson.

A music insider told The Sun newspaper’s Bizarre column: “Eurovision organisers have put them at the top of their wish list and have asked them if they would consider performing.

“The group haven’t played together with lead singer Holly in more than 20 years, so it would be massive to get them back.

“To host Eurovision in Liverpool is massive for the city and the organisers want to make sure it is one to remember.”

Their 1983 debut hit ‘Relax’ was banned by broadcaster the BBC in 1984 for its sexual references while at number six in the charts and subsequently topped the UK Singles Chart for five consecutive weeks, before going on to earn them a BRIT Award for Best British Single.

The source added: “For the band it would be a monumental moment too.

“’Relax’ got banned by the BBC when it was released and this year marks its 40th anniversary, so to be back performing it on the Beeb would be huge.

“Eurovision are hoping the group says yes but it might not be that simple.”

FGTH – also including Paul Rutherford, Mark O’Toole, Brian Nash and Peter Gill – were last known to be in the same room in 2003 for VH1’s ‘Bands Reunited’, however, they did not perform.

In 2007, Peter, Paul, Mark, and vocalist Ryan Molloy formed Forbidden Hollywood to play their new songs and old FGTH material to avoid legal issues with Holly over use of the band’s name.

The original band split in 1987 after a series of hits.

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Don't Miss

Zayn Malik cancels Mexico City concert due to severe food poisoning

Zayn Malik was forced to cancel his Mexico concert after coming down with severe food poisoning. Just hours before...

Five claim Simon Cowell hasn’t responded to message about reforming

Simon Cowell has yet to respond after Five reached out to him about reforming. Although the music mogul was...

Sir Elton John feared it was ‘inhumane’ to record album with Brandi Carlile amid global crisis

Sir Elton John feared it was “inhumane” to record an album with Brandi Carlile due to the current state of the world.

Dua Lipa wins copyright case over Levitating

Dua Lipa has won the copyright case over her song 'Levitating'. The 29-year-old singer had been accused by songwriters...

Sex Pistols + Frank Carter announce US tour

The Sex Pistols and Frank Carter have announced a North American tour. The 'God Save the Queen' rockers haven't...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.