Friday, April 4, 2025

Bill Murray watches as The Who close The Teenage Cancer Trust series

Bill Murray watched The Who close The Teenage Cancer Trust concert series at the Royal Albert Hall on Sunday (30.03.25) night.

Latest Posts

Motley Crue cancel festival slot

Motley Crue have cancelled their performance at the Boardwalk Rock festival in Ocean City, Maryland next month. The band...

Sir Elton John hated the thought of making another solo album: ‘I would have killed myself…’

Sir Elton John hated the thought of making another solo album. The 78-year-old pop legend has released a total...

New initiative launches to ease gig-goers fears of travelling alone

More than a quarter of women would go to gigs alone if they felt safer travelling home. New research...

Justin Vernon says Taylor Swift performance prompted an ‘out-of-body’ experience

Bon Iver's Justin Vernon had an "out-of-body" experience watching Taylor Swift perform 'Exile'. The collaboration featured on Taylor's 2020...

EastEnders stars to kiss through plastic screens

‘EastEnders’ stars will be able to kiss on screen again – through a plastic sheet.

The BBC One soap will return to air with new episodes on September 7th following an enforced break due to the coronavirus pandemic, and the characters will be seen sharing smooches in Walford, as the actors do so through a Perspex screen, which will then later be edited out of the shot.

BBC drama boss Piers Wenger, said: "The remarkable thing about this time is just how much people want to work and how much writers are willing to think laterally to facilitate that.

"Everyone is massively determined. Both on ‘EastEnders’ and on ‘Pursuit of Love’, which we’re filming in the west country at the moment, amazing, ingenious ways have been found to get around the need to put actors in close proximity to each other."

Piers also admitted ‘EastEnders’ bosses held "endless" talks about how to get production off the ground again, and the "biggest issues" were with insurance and social distancing.

Speaking to a panel at the Edinburgh TV Festival, he added: "Throughout lockdown we talked endlessly about how to get back into production, and the two biggest issues were insurance and social distancing.

"You can’t tell a story without two actors being able to get within each other’s eyeline, and you can’t send teams of people out working without insurance in place."

Earlier this month, the BBC confirmed the show will return on September 7th.

Executive producer Jon Sen said: "From the moment we turned the lights out in The Queen Vic our ambition was to come back with a bang and this autumn certainly does that.

"As soon as Albert Square reawakens the drama returns at a pace and, although working within social distancing guidelines has certainly given us some new challenges, I am incredibly proud of what everyone has achieved.

"The show is looking fantastic and we can’t wait for ‘series two’ to begin."

Latest Posts

Motley Crue cancel festival slot

Motley Crue have cancelled their performance at the Boardwalk Rock festival in Ocean City, Maryland next month. The band...

Sir Elton John hated the thought of making another solo album: ‘I would have killed myself…’

Sir Elton John hated the thought of making another solo album. The 78-year-old pop legend has released a total...

New initiative launches to ease gig-goers fears of travelling alone

More than a quarter of women would go to gigs alone if they felt safer travelling home. New research...

Justin Vernon says Taylor Swift performance prompted an ‘out-of-body’ experience

Bon Iver's Justin Vernon had an "out-of-body" experience watching Taylor Swift perform 'Exile'. The collaboration featured on Taylor's 2020...

Don't Miss

Sex Pistols + Frank Carter announce US tour

The Sex Pistols and Frank Carter have announced a North American tour. The 'God Save the Queen' rockers haven't...

Live Odyssey teaming up with John Lennon’s family for special exhibition

An immersive exhibition dedicated to John Lennon is to open in London. ‘Live Odyssey’ – a celebration of British...

Chesney Hawkes stunned by reaction to his new music

Chesney Hawkes was surprised by the reaction to his new music The 53-year-old star - who famously topped the...

Linkin Park release new single Up From The Bottom

Linkin Park have released their new single 'Up From The Bottom'. The new track follows the release of...

Dua Lipa and Troye Sivan release Physical remix

Dua Lipa and Troye Sivan have released a remix of 'Physical'. The 'Break My Heart' singer and the...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.