Friday, April 4, 2025

Camila Cabello ‘crushed’ by comparisons to Charli XCX

Camila Cabello felt "crushed" when she was accused of emulating Charli XCX's style. The pop star went through a...

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Doug Liman crashed wedding to secure rights for The Bourne Identity

Doug Liman crashed a wedding when trying to secure to film rights to ‘The Bourne Identity’ franchise.
The 52-year-old filmmaker directed the first instalment of the Matt Damon franchise back in 2002 and although the ‘Bourne’ franchise spawned four subsequent films, Liman didn’t act as the director but instead as executive producer.
In a recent interview, Liman has spoken on the lengths he went to in order to secure the rights to the book – which was written by Robert Ludlum – which included crashing a wedding to try and speak to Terry Semel of Warner Bros. Studios.
Speaking to Den of Geek, Liman said: "I’d loved ‘The Bourne Identity’ since high school. After ‘Swingers’ was a pretty big hit, people were asking me what movie I want to make. I said ‘The Bourne Identity’. And Hollywood said, no, what kind of small comedy do you want to make? I really wanted to make ‘The Bourne Identity’ and Hollywood was not ready to give me the opportunity. I never stopped pursuing the chance to do the book myself. I crashed a wedding where Terry Semel of Warner Bros was because I thought Warner Bros had the rights. I was shameless in my pursuit of the rights, and I eventually found Ludlum’s lawyer and he told me the rights were about to revert to Ludlum from Warner Bros."
Liman arranged to meet him in Glacier National Park after just becoming a pilot and buying himself an airplane.
After spending a weekend with the spy author, Liman won him over and eventually secured the rights to the now successful movie franchise.
Liman also recently spoke about how he was worried he was making a "poor man’s spy movie" and didn’t think it would be as successful as Tom Cruise’s ‘Mission: Impossible’.
He said: "I felt so insecure while I was making ‘The Bourne Identity’ that I was making a poor man’s spy movie.
"There was someone of the set who had the ‘Mission: Impossible’ ring tone on his phone, and every time his phone rang it drove me nuts because I was afraid my movie was never going to be as good as ‘Mission: Impossible’.
"It was never going to be as good as James Bond. So it was really surreal afterwards to go and see the next James Bond film, and be like, ‘Oh, I did make a James Bond film, because now the James Bond film looks like ‘The Bourne Identity’."

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Don't Miss

Zayn Malik cancels Mexico City concert due to severe food poisoning

Zayn Malik was forced to cancel his Mexico concert after coming down with severe food poisoning. Just hours before...

Five claim Simon Cowell hasn’t responded to message about reforming

Simon Cowell has yet to respond after Five reached out to him about reforming. Although the music mogul was...

Sir Elton John feared it was ‘inhumane’ to record album with Brandi Carlile amid global crisis

Sir Elton John feared it was “inhumane” to record an album with Brandi Carlile due to the current state of the world.

Dua Lipa wins copyright case over Levitating

Dua Lipa has won the copyright case over her song 'Levitating'. The 29-year-old singer had been accused by songwriters...

Sex Pistols + Frank Carter announce US tour

The Sex Pistols and Frank Carter have announced a North American tour. The 'God Save the Queen' rockers haven't...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.