Friday, April 4, 2025

Camila Cabello ‘crushed’ by comparisons to Charli XCX

Camila Cabello felt "crushed" when she was accused of emulating Charli XCX's style. The pop star went through a...

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

David Tennant’s Des breaks ratings record

David Tennant’s ‘Des’ has broken a ratings record for ITV.

The first episode of the three-part thriller series – in which David plays serial killer Dennis Nilsen – has become the broadcaster’s biggest drama launch of 2020.

The first episode was watched by an average audience of 5.4 million people, according to new data, which confirmed that it’s become ITV’s biggest drama debut since ‘Cleaning Up’ in 2019.

‘Des’ also surpassed the viewer numbers of ‘Quiz’ – the drama show about Charles Ingram winning ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?’ – which attracted 5.3 million viewers earlier this year.

The thriller series peaked at 5.9 million viewers and research suggests that it was watched by nearly one-third of all TV viewers across its time slot period.

Earlier this month, meanwhile, David admitted to being "relieved" that Dennis Nilsen will not get to see ‘Des’.

The actor is aware that Nilsen was obsessed with the "legend" of his murders, and he is therefore grateful that he won’t get to relish in his story being told following his death in 2018 at the age of 72.

The former ‘Doctor Who’ star said: "One of the things Nilsen ­became obsessed with was the legend of Des.

"Whenever he slipped out of public consciousness, there was almost a sense he wanted to get back into it. That’s why I’m very relieved he’s not alive.

"I would hate for this to go out and him be sitting in a cell imagining we were in any way glorifying him.

"I’m sure he would have ­complained about everything we said and did, but at the same time would have been rather smugly pleased he was on television, so I think it’s right and proper this is transmitting after he’s gone."

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Don't Miss

Zayn Malik cancels Mexico City concert due to severe food poisoning

Zayn Malik was forced to cancel his Mexico concert after coming down with severe food poisoning. Just hours before...

Five claim Simon Cowell hasn’t responded to message about reforming

Simon Cowell has yet to respond after Five reached out to him about reforming. Although the music mogul was...

Sir Elton John feared it was ‘inhumane’ to record album with Brandi Carlile amid global crisis

Sir Elton John feared it was “inhumane” to record an album with Brandi Carlile due to the current state of the world.

Dua Lipa wins copyright case over Levitating

Dua Lipa has won the copyright case over her song 'Levitating'. The 29-year-old singer had been accused by songwriters...

Sex Pistols + Frank Carter announce US tour

The Sex Pistols and Frank Carter have announced a North American tour. The 'God Save the Queen' rockers haven't...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.