Friday, April 4, 2025

Camila Cabello ‘crushed’ by comparisons to Charli XCX

Camila Cabello felt "crushed" when she was accused of emulating Charli XCX's style. The pop star went through a...

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Coronation Street stars ‘need to resume filming in June to ensure soap doesn’t go off air’

Andy Whyment says ‘Coronation Street’ stars would have to return to filming by the middle of June to ensure the soap doesn’t go off air in the summer.
The 39-year-old actor – who has played Kirk Sutherland on the ITV soap since 2000 – is hoping he and his colleagues will be able to resume filming in Weatherfield in a couple of months, because the show only has enough episodes until early July, due to the coronavirus pandemic.
He said: "I think we’ve got until the beginning of July in the can. So we need to get back, hopefully, by the middle of June with a bit of luck.
"Otherwise it’s going to go off air. Hopefully we’ll get back.
"A lot of the airlines have said they’re going to start flying again mid-June, so, hopefully, if that’s going to happen then hopefully we should be able to get back to work with a bit of luck. Fingers crossed."
‘Corrie’ have reduced their weekly output from six episodes to three after filming was paused due to the coronavirus lockdown, and Andy admitted it was the "right thing to do" to stop shooting episodes.
He said: "We worked up until the Friday when Boris closed all the pubs and clubs, and we had the schedule up to the following Thursday.
"On the Sunday we had an email saying they were standing everyone down, which is fair enough.
"We were all saying we will carry on as long as we can, but I think work just felt that if all the pubs and clubs were shutting then it’s probably just the right thing for us to do to shut down."
While he has been on ‘Corrie’ for 20 years, the former ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’ star – who supports football team Manchester United – still gets "a buzz" from driving to work.
Speaking on Manchester United’s ‘MUTV Group Chat’ video, he added: "It’s great to be a part of. I still get a buzz now when I drive up to the gates.
"I’m a massive fan of the show. I grew up watching it as a kid, so to be there 20 years and hopefully many more years to come would be amazing."

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Don't Miss

Zayn Malik cancels Mexico City concert due to severe food poisoning

Zayn Malik was forced to cancel his Mexico concert after coming down with severe food poisoning. Just hours before...

Five claim Simon Cowell hasn’t responded to message about reforming

Simon Cowell has yet to respond after Five reached out to him about reforming. Although the music mogul was...

Sir Elton John feared it was ‘inhumane’ to record album with Brandi Carlile amid global crisis

Sir Elton John feared it was “inhumane” to record an album with Brandi Carlile due to the current state of the world.

Dua Lipa wins copyright case over Levitating

Dua Lipa has won the copyright case over her song 'Levitating'. The 29-year-old singer had been accused by songwriters...

Sex Pistols + Frank Carter announce US tour

The Sex Pistols and Frank Carter have announced a North American tour. The 'God Save the Queen' rockers haven't...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.