Thursday, April 3, 2025

Sir Elton John feared it was ‘inhumane’ to record album with Brandi Carlile amid global crisis

Sir Elton John feared it was “inhumane” to record an album with Brandi Carlile due to the current state of the world.

Latest Posts

Sharon Osbourne teases Black Sabbath hologram show after final gig

Sharon Osbourne is open to a Black Sabbath hologram show. The 'Paranoid' hard rock legends are reuniting for one...

Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes teases new music ‘in the studio’

Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes has been working in the studio. The 38-year-old rocker previously made it...

Sum 41 release emotional final ever music video

Sum 41 have released their last ever music video. The 'Fat Lip' pop punk legends - who recently wrapped...

Lil Nas X thinks Montero era would get him ‘killed’ in 2025

Lil Nas X thinks conservatives would "try to kill" him he he released 'Montero' now. The 25-year-old singer has...

Adam Deacon claims he was shunned after BAFTA win

Adam Deacon claims the British film industry "didn’t know what to do with" him after winning a BAFTA.
The 34-year-old actor was recognised for his acting, directing and script writing talents in 2012 when he won the Rising Star Award, beating the likes of Eddie Redmayne and Tom Hiddleston to the prestigious accolade.
Deacon has now admitted he was "naive" to think he had made it and had broken into the mainstream and has recalled disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein looking "so p**ed off" when he collected the award at that year’s ceremony.
Speaking to The Guardian newspaper, Deacon said: "I believed you got a pass into the big films now. It was naive. Check out the video when I win the BAFTA, because Harvey Weinstein is looking so p***ed off; like, ‘Who the f**k is this little s**t coming out of nowhere?’
"We’ve never seen this kid before, and he’s come here and won the people’s vote. The industry didn’t know what to make of it or what to do with me."
However, Deacon didn’t get his big break and his American agent didn’t even remember who he was after he spent a month in Los Angeles in the wake of his win.
Recalling his Stateside trip to try and move into Hollywood movies, he said: "As soon I got back to London I didn’t hear anything. I called up my American agent about a month after coming back from LA and he didn’t know who I was. They were like, ‘Adam who?’ So it was a headf**k." Meanwhile, casting agents in the small films also stopped calling, presuming he would be too big for them now."
Having shot to fame in the ‘Kidulthood’ franchise, Deacon believes he "started to become scary to casting directors" because the trio of movies were so gritty and hard-hitting.
He said: "When I started making films like ‘Kidulthood’ and ‘Adulthood’ I started to become scary to casting directors – that’s the feedback I got. They’re scared of you because the characters were so in your face. I thought casting directors had the brains to know this is a part you’re playing."
Deacon’s life and career spiralled out of control and in 2015 he was sectioned under the Mental Health Act and he was convicted of harassing his former friend and mentor Noel Clarke sending him hundreds of abusive messages including a death threat, and a restraining order was issued against Deacon to leave to former ‘Doctor Who’ star alone.
Deacon is now back acting and can currently be seen in stage play ‘The Retreat’ – which has been created by ‘Peep Show’ writer Sam Bain and is directed by Kathy Burke.

Latest Posts

Sharon Osbourne teases Black Sabbath hologram show after final gig

Sharon Osbourne is open to a Black Sabbath hologram show. The 'Paranoid' hard rock legends are reuniting for one...

Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes teases new music ‘in the studio’

Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes has been working in the studio. The 38-year-old rocker previously made it...

Sum 41 release emotional final ever music video

Sum 41 have released their last ever music video. The 'Fat Lip' pop punk legends - who recently wrapped...

Lil Nas X thinks Montero era would get him ‘killed’ in 2025

Lil Nas X thinks conservatives would "try to kill" him he he released 'Montero' now. The 25-year-old singer has...

Don't Miss

Johnny Depp, Bruce Springsteen and more honour Patti Smith at Carnegie Hall

Johnny Depp made a surprise appearance at the 'People Have the Power: A Celebration of Patti Smith' tribute. Huge...

SZA and Chappell Roan eye collaboration

SZA and Chappell Roan both want to collaborate on music. After the 'Giver' singer chose the 'Saturn' hitmaker as...

Duffy making surprise return to music with Garage remix of Mercy

Duffy is set to make a surprise music comeback with a Garage remix of her biggest hit 'Mercy'. The...

ABBA Voyage setlist to change in honour of third anniversary

The 'ABBA Voyage' setlist is to change for the first time in the show's history. The legendary Swedish pop...

Sublime working with Travis Barker on first album in almost 30 years

Sublime are working with Travis Barker on their first album in almost 30 years. The iconic ska punk band...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.