Saturday, April 5, 2025

Noel Gallagher was surprised by the ticket chaos of Oasis Live ’25 reunion tour

Noel Gallagher was "taken aback" by the demand for tickets for the 'Oasis Live '25' reunion tour. Brothers...

Latest Posts

FKA Twigs cancels Coachella performance

FKA Twigs has been forced to cancel her Coachella performance due to visa issues. Less than a month after...

Sir Elton John ‘not in great shape’ while making new album

Sir Elton John was "not in great shape" while working on a new album with Brandi Carlile. The pair...

Dolly Parton hopes to collaborate with Sabrina Carpenter again

Dolly Parton would love to perform with Sabrina Carpenter again. The country music legend teamed up with the 'Espresso'...

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

K-pop talent agency JYP Entertainment and Republic Records announce auditions to create an American girl group

K-pop supergroup Twice’s talent agency and Republic Records are holding auditions to create an American girl group.

JYP Entertainment and the label are collaborating to create “the first American artist made out of a K-pop system” and will begin by holding auditions across the country, beginning in September, for their new project, titled ‘A2K’.

In a video unveiling the plan released on Monday (25.07.22), two of the executives involved in the new show explained their rationale behind to look stateside for their next act.

Park Jin-young, the founder of JYP Entertainment – who gave the world Stray Kids, Twice and ITZY – said: “The name of this project is ‘A2K’, which is an abbreviation of ‘America2Korea’. So the final artist that comes out of this procedure will be the first American artist made out of a K-pop system.”

“It’s like talented artists who goes through a training system like an Olympic gymnast will go through. That’s the K-pop artist that the global audience fell in love with because of their dedication, their discipline and their hard work and the values they carry. That’s what separates them from a lot of artists.”

He added: “This is the biggest project ever for me and JYP Entertainment.”

Monte Lipman, the founder and CEO of Republic Records said: “We are going to find, identify and curate this incredible talent coming from America, but we’re applying the K-pop system, the JYP system in developing a supergroup, which we’ve never seen before.”

The auditions – which are open to American and Canadian nationals between the ages of 12 and 16 – will take place in five cities across the United States, such as Atlanta, Chicago, New York City, Dallas and Los Angeles. Successful applicants will be invited to attend a bootcamp in Los Angeles to see if they get an invitation to JYP Entertainment’s offices in Seoul for the final round.

Latest Posts

FKA Twigs cancels Coachella performance

FKA Twigs has been forced to cancel her Coachella performance due to visa issues. Less than a month after...

Sir Elton John ‘not in great shape’ while making new album

Sir Elton John was "not in great shape" while working on a new album with Brandi Carlile. The pair...

Dolly Parton hopes to collaborate with Sabrina Carpenter again

Dolly Parton would love to perform with Sabrina Carpenter again. The country music legend teamed up with the 'Espresso'...

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Don't Miss

JLS reunion tour will not feature ‘crazy stunts’, according to JB Gill

JLS will be scaling down their reunion tour. The boyband - which consists of Aston Merrygold, Oritsé Williams,...

Will Smith’s advice from Jay Z inspired album name

Will Smith called Jay Z for advice before returning to the music industry and his wise words inspired the new album's name.

Justin Hawkins was ‘petrified’ about playing at Taylor Hawkins tribute concerts

Justin Hawkins was “petrified” about performing at the tribute concerts for the late Taylor Hawkins. The Darkness frontman was...

Zayn Malik cancels Mexico City concert due to severe food poisoning

Zayn Malik was forced to cancel his Mexico concert after coming down with severe food poisoning. Just hours before...

Five claim Simon Cowell hasn’t responded to message about reforming

Simon Cowell has yet to respond after Five reached out to him about reforming. Although the music mogul was...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.