Saturday, April 5, 2025

Camila Cabello ‘crushed’ by comparisons to Charli XCX

Camila Cabello felt "crushed" when she was accused of emulating Charli XCX's style. The pop star went through a...

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in the works

A ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ sequel is in the works.

Paramount Pictures and Sega Sammy are working on a follow up movie to the action-adventure comedy, which dropped earlier this year and starred Ben Schwartz as the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog and Jim Carrey as Doctor Robotnik.

According to Variety, Jeff Fowler – who helmed this year’s ‘Sonic’ motion picture – will direct the second movie, and Josh Miller and Pat Casey are to co-write the script once again.

It’s not yet known whether Carrey or Schwartz will reprise their roles.

The first film also starred James Marsden as Sonic’s new best friend Tom, as the speedy blue hedgehog tried to stop evil Robotnik.

The release date of the first movie was pushed back after a fan backlash to the initial design of the hedgehog.

But in February, Carrey admitted he thought the redesign made the motion picture "much better".

He said: "It turned out to be a co-op where everybody was in on the creation. I think everybody felt good about it because ultimately (director) Jeff Fowler (had) no ego involved at all.

"He just went, ‘These people grew up with it, and it’s important to them that we get it right.’ And I think it was just a much better movie because of it."

The 58-year-old actor had previously expressed concern about audiences getting involved in the design of characters.

He said: "I don’t know quite how I feel about the audience being in on the creation of it, while it’s happening.

"Sometimes you find that the collective consciousness decides it wants something and then when it gets it, it goes, ‘OK, I don’t want it’… You become a Frankenstein’s monster at some point, right?"

Latest Posts

Ciara celebrates release of ‘baby-making’ new single Ecstasy

Ciara has released her new single ‘Ecstasy’. The 39-year-old singer released the R+B track earlier on Friday (04.04.25), and...

Chesney Hawkes turned down Ed Sheeran collaboration

Chesney Hawkes rejected the chance to work with Ed Sheeran. The 53-year-old singer recalled turning down the offer from...

Miley Cyrus drops new single End of the World

Miley Cyrus has released her new single ‘End of the World’. The 32-year-old pop star dropped the new track,...

Ed Sheeran releases new single Azizam

Ed Sheeran has released his new single ‘Azizam’. The 34-year-old singer dropped the Persian-inspired track from his upcoming eighth...

Don't Miss

Zayn Malik cancels Mexico City concert due to severe food poisoning

Zayn Malik was forced to cancel his Mexico concert after coming down with severe food poisoning. Just hours before...

Five claim Simon Cowell hasn’t responded to message about reforming

Simon Cowell has yet to respond after Five reached out to him about reforming. Although the music mogul was...

Sir Elton John feared it was ‘inhumane’ to record album with Brandi Carlile amid global crisis

Sir Elton John feared it was “inhumane” to record an album with Brandi Carlile due to the current state of the world.

Dua Lipa wins copyright case over Levitating

Dua Lipa has won the copyright case over her song 'Levitating'. The 29-year-old singer had been accused by songwriters...

Sex Pistols + Frank Carter announce US tour

The Sex Pistols and Frank Carter have announced a North American tour. The 'God Save the Queen' rockers haven't...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.